The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a unique identification number issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria to individuals for easy identification and verification in the banking system. It is a crucial requirement for conducting financial transactions in the country.
However, if you have changed your name or noticed an error in your date of birth on your BVN, you may need to make corrections to ensure your information is accurate. In this blog post, we will discuss the step-by-step process of how to do a BVN change of name and date of birth in Nigeria.
Requirements and Documentations for BVN Changes
When it comes to making changes to your BVN, it’s essential to have the requirements and documentation ready. Here are some of the key things you’ll need:
- Identification documents: You’ll need to provide valid identification documents such as your national identity card, international passport, driver’s license, or voter’s card. These documents will help verify your identity and ensure that the changes are made accurately.
- Supporting documents for name change: If you are changing your name on your BVN due to marriage or any other reason, you will need supporting documents such as a marriage certificate or a court affidavit. These documents serve as evidence of the name change and are necessary to update your BVN accordingly.
- Supporting documents for date of birth change: If you have noticed an error in your date of birth on your BVN, you will need supporting documents such as a birth certificate or any official document that shows your correct date of birth. These documents are crucial to ensure that your BVN accurately reflects your personal information.
- BVN correction form: You will be required to fill out a BVN correction form provided by your bank. This form will ask for your updated information, including your new name or corrected date of birth.
It’s important to note that the specific requirements and documentation may vary depending on your bank. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to check with your bank to ensure you have all the necessary documents before starting the BVN change process.
By having the required documents ready, you can streamline the BVN change process and ensure that your information is updated accurately promptly.
How To Do BVN Change Of Name, Date of Birth In Nigeria
Changing your name or date of birth on your BVN in Nigeria involves a few important steps. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Visit your bank: Start by visiting the bank where you have your account and BVN registered. This is where you will initiate the change process.
- Obtain the BVN correction form: Request the BVN correction form from the bank. Fill out the form with accurate and updated information, including your new name or corrected date of birth.
- Gather supporting documents: Collect all the necessary supporting documents that validate the change you are making. These may include a marriage certificate, court affidavit, or birth certificate, depending on the nature of the change.
- Submit your application: Submit your completed BVN correction form along with the supporting documents to the bank. Make sure to double-check that everything is filled out correctly and all required documents are included.
- Follow up and verification: After submitting your application, follow up with the bank to track the progress of your BVN correction. The bank will verify the information provided and make the necessary changes.
- Confirmation: Once the changes are made, you will receive a confirmation from the bank that your BVN has been updated with the correct name or date of birth.
Remember, the exact process may vary slightly from bank to bank, so it’s important to check with your specific bank for their procedures. By following these steps, you can ensure that your BVN accurately reflects your personal information, making it easier to conduct financial transactions in Nigeria.
How Long Does the BVN Change Process Take?
The BVN change process usually takes 24-72 hours. It can take longer if there are any issues with the request.
While waiting for the changes to be processed, it is important to continue using your current BVN for any financial transactions. Once the changes are completed, the bank will notify you, and you can begin using your updated BVN for all future transactions.
Overall, while the BVN change process may take some time, being patient and proactive in following up with the bank can help ensure a smooth and efficient process.
Can I change my BVN name and date of birth?
Yes, you can change your BVN name and date of birth. However, there are certain requirements and procedures that you need to follow.
What document is needed for change of date of birth on BVN?
To change the date of birth on your BVN, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid government-issued ID with your correct date of birth, such as an international passport, driver’s license, or National ID card.
- A birth certificate or other document that proves your correct date of birth.
Can I change my BVN name online?
No, you cannot change your BVN name online. You must visit a physical branch of your bank to change your BVN name.
What are the requirements to change my BVN name?
To change your BVN name, you will need to provide the following requirements:
- A completed BVN name change application form.
- A valid government-issued ID with your new name.
- A copy of your marriage certificate or other document that proves your name change (if applicable).
How many times can you change date of birth on BVN?
You can only change the date of birth on your BVN once.
Here are the steps to change your BVN name or date of birth:
- Visit a physical branch of your bank.
- Fill out a BVN name change or date of birth change application form.
- Provide the required supporting documents.
- Pay the required fee (if applicable).
- Submit your application and supporting documents to the bank staff.
The bank will then process your application and update your BVN details. You will be notified once your application has been processed and your BVN details have been updated.
In conclusion, the process of changing your name or date of birth on your BVN in Nigeria may seem daunting at first, but by following the step-by-step procedures outlined in this blog post, you can easily navigate through the process. Remember to visit your bank, obtain the BVN correction form, gather all necessary supporting documents, submit your application, follow up with the bank for verification, and finally receive confirmation of the changes.
Additionally, make sure to have the required identification documents and supporting documents for name or date of birth changes ready before starting the process. While the duration of the BVN change process can vary, being patient and proactive in following up with the bank can help expedite the process. By ensuring that your BVN accurately reflects your personal information, you can conduct financial transactions in Nigeria with ease.