Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students: The Australia Government supports various African students on yearly premise to study in Australian Universities and some chose African Universities on completely sponsored scholarship. Interested applicants should see the qualifications and advantages of the scholarship in this post and consequently apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australia Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Australia Universities/Selected Universities in Africa.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Degree Courses and Short Courses
Slots: 10,000 scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Subject Eligibility: All subjects and research areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans
Australia Awards Africa BACKGROUND
The Australia Awards Africa scholarship is the cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa. It provides access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards alumni are expected to contribute to the development of their home countries.
The Award Categories:
The Australian Awards Scholarships are awarded in two categories namely;
- Australia Awards Scholarships: to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
- Australia Awards Short Courses: to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
The following fields of studies are the focus fields usually considered for the award. These may vary by country.
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Australia Awards Africa Eligibility Criteria
Applicants applying for the Australia Awards Africa Scholarships must meet their country’s eligibility requirements. However, the general eligibility conditions include the following ;
- Applicant must be citizen of an eligible African country
- Applicant must possess a minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Applicant must be a mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Applicant must meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Applicants must demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Applicant must satisfy English Language proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Applicant must satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
Scholarships are usually fully funded covering the cost of tuition, feeding, and accommodation, airfares, books, research cost, internship, and extra stipends for upkeep.
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Australia Awards Africa 2021-2022, please follow the steps (below);
- Step 1: Visit the online application portal
- Step 2: Select your country and award type
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Check Eligibility’ button
- Step 4: Proceed with the online application.
Application Deadline: Next application rounds updated Yearly.