Home Immigration Canada Express Entry Visa: How to Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry

Canada Express Entry Visa: How to Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry

Express Entry Canada

This Canada Visa comprehensive guide tells you everything you need to know about Canada’s Express Entry system.

Express Entry is the key way that Canada manages applications for skilled workers who wish to become permanent residents. Eligible candidates submit their profile on the Canadian government’s website. Approximately every fourteen days, Canada invites the top-ranked immigration candidates to utilize for permanent residence. Canada aims to welcome about 110,000 Express Entry immigrants per year.

Express Entry Overview

 1. What is Express Entry?

Express Entry is a digital system used to handle the applications of skilled workers who desire to become permanent residents of Canada.

Once an interested candidate submits an online profile, the Government determines if the candidate is qualified to receive an application managed by Express Entry. Eligible candidates are accepted to the Express Entry pool and are ranked in accordance with the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The CRS is just a points-based system utilized by the federal government to assess and rank candidates in the Express Entry pool. The CRS score is calculated predicated on a candidate’s age, education, work experience, language skills, in addition to other factors.

ALSO READ  Canada Needs Skilled and Unskilled Workers: 4000+ Job Opportunities for Immigrants in Canada with Visa

Approximately every couple of weeks, the Canadian government selects the highest-scoring candidates from the Express Entry pool and provides them with an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.


Express Entry Eligibility and CRS Score

 Am I eligible for Express Entry?

To be entitled to Express Entry, candidates must meet up with the criteria of one or more of the next federal economic immigration programs:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program: The FSWP is Canada’s primary economic immigration pathway. The minimum requirements include one or more years of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience before 10 years in an experienced occupation beneath the National Occupational Classification (NOC) level of skill 0, A, or B; validated intermediate or better language ability in English or French; for candidates educated outside Canada, an academic credential (certificate, diploma, or degree) and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. As well as meeting the FSWP’s minimum work, language ability, and education requirements, candidates should also obtain at the very least 67 points under its points grid.
  • Canadian Experience Class: The CEC provides international students and foreign workers who’ve Canadian experience with the chance to acquire permanent residence. Candidates will need to have obtained one or more years of skilled, professional, or technical work experience in Canada within 3 years of the application form date and also meet language proficiency criteria.
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program: The FSTP can be obtained for candidates who wish to become permanent residents on the cornerstone of qualifying for an experienced trader. Eligibility criteria include having at least 2 years of full-time work experience in an experienced trade within the 5-year amount of submitting a credit card application; meeting the task requirements of the skilled trade; having a full-time job offer in Canada for an amount of at the very least 1 year or possess a certificate of qualification in the skilled trade that’s been given by the state Canadian authority, and meet language proficiency criteria.
ALSO READ  Apply for Canada Permanent Residency Through Express Entry

Submitting an Express Entry Profile

 What do I need to submit my Express Entry profile?

When submitting your Express Entry profile, IRCC will ask you for information from these documents:

  • your passport or travel document
  • language test results
  • evidence of Canadian education or your educational credential assessment (ECA) report
  • evidence of funds
  • provincial nomination (if you’ve one)
  • written job offer from an employer in Canada (if you’ve one)